With the holiday season ramping up, we’re all drinking a little (or a lot) more wine than normal. This year, put those empty wine bottles to work by turning them into festive DIY holiday centerpieces. We’re always on the lookout for fun wine bottle art projects, and these DIY centerpieces are perfect for this festive season.
We have instructions for making a centerpiece to look just like the photo, but this can also be used as a starting point – get creative with glitter, burlap or other festive holiday decorations while you do this project. And, of course, be sure to pour yourself a glass of wine while you craft!
- 3 empty wine bottles, labels removed
- 1-3 short strands of battery-powered LED lights
- Spray paint in festive colors
- Ribbon or other festive decorations
- Spray paint your three wine bottles with festive colors and let them dry. You can opt for any colors you like. (We went with gold and maroon.)
- Tie ribbon around one or more of the bottles, making a bow.
- Fill at least one (or all three) of the bottles with a small strand of battery-powered Christmas lights or LED fairy lights. Be sure to keep the switch toward the top of the bottle, so you can turn them on and off as needed. If the switch for your lights won’t fit inside the bottle, tuck it behind the ribbon to hide it.
- Arrange the bottles on your table along with some greenery.
- Pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy your new decorations!
Need some wine bottles for this project? We have the perfect online store to stock up on bottles. (They even come pre-filled with incredible northern Michigan wine!)