Apple Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup CGT Whole Cluster Riesling Wine
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking dish large enough to hold the tenderloin without folding it.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the pork tenderloin on all sides. Remove the tenderloin to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Cook and stir the onion and apple in the same skillet over medium heat until the onion becomes soft, about 5 minutes, and add the Whole Cluster Riesling Wine (cook is free to enjoy leftover wine). Scrape all the browned flavor pieces from the bottom of the skillet and stir to dissolve them into the wine. Bring to a boil, and pour the onion, apple, and wine mixture over the tenderloin.
- Mix together the apple jelly, honey and balsamic vinegar in a bowl until the mixture is smooth. Spread the mixture all over the pork.
- Bake the tenderloin until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 145 degrees F, 30 to 45 minutes. Allow the tenderloin to rest for 10 minutes before slicing, and serve each slice with a spoonful of the apple-onion mixture.
- Serve over mashed potatoes and enjoy with remaining wine!