Chestnuts for Christmas
- 2 lbs peeled and skinned chestnuts
- 1/3 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup Chateau Grand Traverse Cherry Port Wine.
How to peel and skin chestnuts
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. Slit outer shell, place chestnuts on baking pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel and skin while warm.
- Prepare as above.
- After chestnuts become soft add 3 tablespoons of Chateau Grand Traverse Cherry Port Wine.
- Heat for another 5 minutes and stir. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Serves 8 – 12