How To Turn One Bottle of Wine Into 12 Low-Calorie Drinks
Make Your Own Low-Calorie Drinks!
Hard seltzers have been having a moment. They may offer a refreshing and low-calorie drink option, but they’re also often packed with artificial ingredients and offer very little inspiration when it comes to flavor. Thankfully, with just one or two additional ingredients, you can turn a bottle of local wine into twelve low-calorie drinks!
Our favorite part of making homemade wine spritzers is the control we have over the ingredients. We can support our Michigan agricultural community, sip a drink made right here in Traverse City and know we’re only putting whole, natural ingredients into our body.
That means we can take advantage of the flavors of our favorite wines while enjoying a healthy alternative to heavier cocktails or beers.
Homemade Wine Spritzers
Ready to let one bottle of Michigan wine provide you with twelve glasses full of low-calorie goodness? With ingredients as simple as grapes, sparkling water and a little fruit to garnish, these homemade wine spritzers are the type of low-carb, low-alcohol drink you can feel good sipping all afternoon long!
Let’s get ready to make your own!
- 2oz very cold wine
- 2oz very cold club soda or sparkling water
- Fruit to garnish, such as berries or a slice of citrus
It’s as simple as can be – just follow these quick and easy steps:
- Pour wine into glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with fruit.
The Best Wine Spritzer Wines
Now we know how simple it is to make your own wine spritzer, but how do you choose the best wine for the job? The good news is that wine spritzers are flexible and almost any bottle will deliver enjoyable results. That said, here are our favorites:
- A blush of color. If you’re looking for flavor and charm, there’s nothing better than a rosé and raspberries for your summer spritzer. We recommend our 2019 Pinot Noir Rosé Vin Gris.
- Classic Pinot Grigio. This varietal adds a classic flavor to your afternoon spritzer. Consider paring our 2019 Pinot Grigio with a slice of citrus.
- Something sweet. If sweeter wines are your thing, try a spritzer with our Waters Sweet White Wine and a few cubes of frozen watermelon.
Ready to get mixing? Pick up a bottle of Chateau Grand Traverse wine and let us know how your spritzer adventure goes! Our wines are available in our Old Mission Peninsula tasting room as well as grocery stores and wine shops throughout the Midwest and beyond.