Late Harvest Cake
Not sure what to bring to your upcoming holiday party? Tired of frosted sugar cookies? Need an excuse to have a glass of wine while baking? This simple and delicious recipe is for you!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 package vanilla pudding (instant)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Chateau Grand Traverse Late Harvest Riesling
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Line bottom of greased 10” tube pan with chopped pecans. Blend boxed cake mix, pudding, water, 1/2 cup of wine, oil and eggs with mixer and pour into pecan-lined tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Enjoy well-deserved glass of Riesling.
- Mix and boil for 3 minutes: butter, sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Remove from heat and then add remaining 1/2 cup of wine. Pour this mixture over hot cake and leave in pan 30 minutes before turning out. Serves 16.
- Bring to your next holiday gathering, serve with remaining wine, and enjoy!