Mushroom Chicken in Wine Sauce
- 1 (3 lb.) broiler-fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Brownwood Farms Famous Kream Mustard
- 1/2 cup Chateau Grand Traverse Semidry Riesling
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Coat chicken with flour, shake off excess. Brown chicken in oil in skillet over medium to high heat.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Cook and stir mushrooms in same skillet for 2 – 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in mustard and wine; add chicken. Heat mixture to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes or until chicken is done. To serve, sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: 32 – 38 minutes