- 1 ½ pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut
- 1 inch thick
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jars (7 oz. each) roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, finely chopped
- ½ cup CGT Pinot Grigio
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed or
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and the 3 cloves minced garlic; cook and stir 2 – 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add red peppers, wine, tomato paste and thyme, stirring until tomato past is blended. Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir into pepper mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 – 12 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile cut beef steak into 1 ¼ x 1 ¼ x 1-inch pieces. Combine pepper, salt, paprika and 2 cloves garlic in large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Thread beef pieces evenly onto six 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small spaces between pieces.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 5 – 7 minutes (over medium heat on a preheated gas grill, 7 – 9 minutes) for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.