- 1 10 – 12 oz. pound cake
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Brownwood Farms Cherry Raspberry Preserves
- Cut cake crosswise into 3 equal layers. Combine ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, the dried cherries, 1/4 cup pistachios and orange juice.
- Place one cake layer on a plate. Spread with half of the cheese mixture. Top with the second layer and spread the remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Beat whipping cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until almost stiff. Set aside 1/2 cup; frost cake with remaining mixture.
- Place reserved whipped cream in a pastry bag with star tip. Pipe diagonal lines onto top of cake. Pipe around top edge of cake.
- Spoon preserves and remaining 2 tablespoons pistachios in alternate lines on top of cake. Refrigerate about 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Cut into slices to serve.