- ½ pound bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup Chateau Grand Traverse Dry Riesling wine
- 1 pound spaghetti or rigatoni
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup Romano cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Boil water and cook pasta while preparing sauce.
- Chop the bacon in pieces about ¼ inch long. Put oil, butter and crushed garlic into small sauté pan and sauté over low to medium heat until garlic turns deep gold, being careful not to burn.
- Remove garlic and discard it. Put the bacon in the pan and sauté until crisp on the edges.
- Add the wine and let it boil for 2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, break the eggs, adding the cheeses, pepper and parsley. When pasta is cooked, drain and pour into bowl with egg/cheese mixture.
- Add bacon mixture; toss thoroughly and serve.