Learn the wine industry from the inside out! No previous wine education or industry experience required!
Chateau Grand Traverse is a family owned Winery, Vineyard and Inn located on beautiful Old Mission Peninsula, just 8 miles north of Traverse City. For over 40 years, we have been dedicated to growing and producing Michigan’s finest wines in the place we are lucky enough to call home. It is our unspoken goal to provide each and every guest that walks into our Tasting Room with an experience that reflects a great pride in our history, family, and products. We invite you to take this unique opportunity to join a diverse group of enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and team-oriented individuals and embark on a journey into the fascinating world of wine.
Not an expert? Not a problem! We’ll train you so that you can enjoy these perks:
- Marketable wine knowledge, training, and skills
- Strong group presentation and public speaking skills
- Direct-to-consumer sales and retail experience
- Great staff and stunning vineyard views
- Entry level training for a possible wine industry career
- Authentic winery atmosphere (yes, we were here before you could Google us!)
- Optional winery production and/or viticulture experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent employee wine discounts
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A real interest and desire to learn about wine
- An ability to effectively communicate with a diverse mix of customers and coworkers
- Team orientation with the ability to work in an environment that requires flexibility
- A professional demeanor and appearance
- Basic computer knowledge
Specific duties include:
- Learning and share the basic practices of winemaking
- Provide wine and light food service
- Greeting customers and giving excellent and friendly customer service
- Maintaining a knowledge of all current release wines; guiding wine tastings
- Giving winery tours to groups from 4 – 30 people
- Providing basic information about Traverse City and Michigan wines
- Handling cash and operating Point of Sale system
- Working in an energetic and team-oriented environment
- Handling, stocking, and pricing merchandise
- Routine cleaning and maintenance
NOTE: Job duties may include standing for long periods of time, lifting and carrying cases of wine (must be able to carry up to 50 lbs.), daily cleaning chores, working weekends and some summer holidays, and complying with dress code.
Please fill out above application and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Chateau Grand Traverse Winery, 12239 Center Rd, Traverse City, MI 49686. We can’t wait to hear from you!