DIY Wine Glass Charms | Chateau Grand Traverse
Wine Glass charms are super helpful for keeping track of guests’ glasses during a party and make a “charming” gift for your favorite wine-o! This holiday season, why not make your own wine glass charms? Simple charms are easy to make with just a few materials – or get as elaborate as you want!
Follow these instructions for making simple wine glass charms or get inspired to create even more intricate ones.
What you’ll need to make your own super cool wine glass charms:
- Memory wire (between ¾ – 1 inch)
- Heavy-duty wire cutters
- Round nose pliers
- Beads or charms
Got everything? So, what are you waiting for? Uncork a bottle of your favorite Chateau Grand Traverse and let’s get crafting!
- Get in the loop: Measure out 1¼ – 1½-inch loops. Depending on how many beads you’d like to fit and how large you want your charms to be, you might adjust the size of loops that you’re cutting. Memory wire is tough to cut, so make sure you have heavy-duty wire cutters to get the job done.
- Do the twist: Using the round nose pliers, twist one end of your wire ring into a small loop. This will function as a stopper for your beads to keep them from falling off the charm.
- Third step’s the “charm”: Here’s the fun part! Slide your beads or charms one by one onto the wire loop. If you have a charm, you might choose to center it between an equal number of beads.
- Finishing touch: Repeating step 2, twist the other end of memory wire into the same shape as the first end. This will keep the beads from falling off the other side of your charm.
- Final form: Your charm should form a nearly-complete circle, leaving a small gap for the stem of the wine glass to pass through. The gap should be small enough that the charm won’t allow the stem to pass through without some force.
That’s it! You’ve got one charm done and you’re on your way to becoming a DIY wine glass charm pro.
Feel the need to switch things up? Here’s a few more inspirational ideas for more wine glass charms:
- Scrabble™ tile letter wine glass charms
- Crochet wine glass charms
- Customized single-use wine glass charms
- Pom-pom wine glass charms
- Wine cork wine glass charms
Whether you make simple wine glass charms or some that are a bit more elaborate, you’ll find yourself with a cute, functional gift to give!