The Chateau Grand Traverse (CGT) Marketing Coordinator is responsible to help drive the vision, strategy and execution of winery’s direct-to-consumer marketing efforts to effectively build strong customer relationships and brand awareness. This person will market the company’s wine products, guest services and facilities by assisting in development and implementation of consumer-oriented marketing and promotional campaigns. Additional responsibilities include maintaining promotional materials, planning strategy, attending tasting events and festivals, coordinating databases, updating websites, providing staff support and training, tracking sales data, managing mailing lists, analyzing results and preparing reports, and making comprehensive marketing recommendations. This is a dynamic and creative position and requires an enthusiastic attitude with a desire to connect with consumers. During certain busy periods this position requires work during evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional off-site functions. Position could be full/part time depending on the individual and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in creation and review of all advertising campaigns including print, email, and digital mediums.
- Responsible for timely design and creation of content for a wide range of marketing materials including: e-newsletters, press releases, internal marketing materials and signage, point of sale (POS) materials, and website.
- Maintain consistent messaging and brand reinforcement across selected social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Track, measure, and analyze marketing trends, industry activity, and propose marketing actions.
- Measure success, report on ROI, and make recommendations on all marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with a graphic design firm to create marketing materials to reinforce the CGT brand.
- Use copywriting skills to rewrite technical information for a consumer audience.
- Develop and maintain new programming and partnerships to continue to grow and build the brand message and awareness.
- Represent the winery at industry and consumer events; display knowledge and passion for our wines and winemaking practices.
- Maintain a current and engaging online presence by consistently updating content on main website and e-commerce platform.
- Coordinate with Wine Club Manager to promote Wine Club growth, member satisfaction and retention.
- Collaborate with local, statewide, and national industry experts to grow the Michigan wine industry.
- Develop and maintain a yearly advertising and marketing budget and calendar.
- Maintain a strategic relationship with the media; write and distribute press releases.
- Deliver assignments/projects on time by setting priorities to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Provide ongoing strategic marketing efforts for distributor sales with printed marketing materials, press releases, email marketing and trade show support.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or equivalent working experience
- 2+ years consumer marketing or sales experience
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Must be a self-starter with minimal supervision, be detail oriented and results driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to efficiently manage several ongoing projects at once; strong organizational and project management skills
- Able to interact professionally with guests and employees through all levels of the winery
- Outgoing and passionate about wine and food; willing to taste, discuss, and appreciate wines
- Strong understanding of current social media platforms
- Knowledge of Google Analytics a plus
- Copywriting skills – ability to rewrite technical information for a consumer audience
Chateau Grand Traverse will provide materials, personal instruction and wine tasting to help educate you on our products, history and philosophy. Equally, applicants must possess a genuine interest and enthusiasm to learn more about wines to effectively communicate our history and accomplishments. We are seeking an engaging and personable team player who can multi-task to help us achieve our overall marketing goals. An ideal candidate enjoys conversing and interacting with a variety of people, and can maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated verbal, written, communication and leadership skills are a must.
Must be able to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks in a tasting room environment.
Must be able to stand for an extended period of time.
Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!