- 1 whole fryer cut up, or boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- garlic salt
- vegetable oil
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup light cream or half and half
- generous 1/3 cup Chateau Grand Traverse Semidry Riesling
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Rinse and dry the pieces of chicken. Sprinkle generously with paprika, garlic salt and flour on both sides. Heat oil in a heavy skillet, add the seasoned chicken pieces and brown well on both sides.
Put the soup in a bowl and beat smooth with a fork; stir in the cream and wine.
Transfer browned chicken to a casserole and sprinkle with the crushed rosemary. Pour on the soup mixture. Cover tightly and bake for 45 minutes.
Serve hot from the casserole with almond rice, hot buttered carrots and a glass of Chateau Grand Traverse Semidry Riesling.